The best way to keep the sofa from dust, dirt and to change the design of your room without any repairs is to use throws for couch. They have some important functions. It protects the sofa from food or cigarettes stains, dirt, dust and pet’s hair. The next function is keeping warm. For example, couches made of leather or eco leather are luxurious, but they are not warm and do not create the feeling of domesticity. That’s why throws for leather couch are very popular even today. And the third function is decorative. You can easily change the design of your room only changing the throws for couches.
Throws are made of different materials:
- Wool absorbs and evaporates moisture very good. Wool coverlets relieve the electrostatic charging and keep warmth. Very often manufacturers add synthetical materials and it makes the production resistant to wear and dust;
- Viscose makes the material softer and resistant to discoloring, but it runs up in laundering. And this fact should be paid attention to while choosing the size of the rug blanket;
- Silk is nice on the touch, but it fades in the sun, so it is necessary to avoid the direct sunlight. Only hand wash and delicate cleaning are possible;
- Acryl and polyamide are practical, hypoallergic and have acceptable price;
- Natural fur is practical, warm, endurable, but expensive;
- Fake fur is very beautiful, warm, soft and more available. It imitates the fur of chinchillas, polar foxes, minks or other animals;
- Velvet is not endurable, but makes the room really kinglike;
- Velour is made of natural and synthetical fibers on the silk-and-cotton basis. It is endurable, resistant to wear, practical and nice;
- Microfiber protects the sofa from spots, dust and liquid. It is easy in cleaning and highly hydroscopic.
Very often couch throws are decorated with additional materials: ruching, trimming, appliqués, pearls and even Swarovski sparkles. They can be single-colored and multicolored. Designers say that dark colors make the room visually smaller and light colors make it bigger and more comfortable.
Designers give some valuable advice, which should be taken into account: decorative throws for couch should harmonize with the color of rugs, furniture, upholstery materials and curtains. If you want a coverlet to serve you for a long time, you should wash it at least two times a year. You can do it either at home or at the dry-cleaner. When washing it at home follow the recommendations written on the label not to spoil the material. There are no restrictions in running the vacuum cleaner. You can use it as often as you want.